Pharmacy History

Adams Drug Store began in 1951 when Ira Lee Adams (or more affectionately known as “Doctor Adams”) purchased McGahee’s Drugs in Cordele, GA. The original store was located on 7th Street on the north end of downtown near the railroad tracks. This location not only housed the pharmacy for many years, but was also home to the original soda fountain in Adams Drug Store. The soda fountain was certainly a fond memory of days gone by in Cordele. We remained in this 
location until 1962. The store moved to a location that many Cordele residents remember very well, South Gate Shopping Center on 14th Avenue near 7th Street in Cordele.  We moved to this location in 1962 and stayed there until 1996. During this time, David Payne joined the team as a pharmacist in 1966 as did Ira Lee’s son Russell in 1977. After Ira Lee retired in 1981, Russell and David were the two primary pharmacists for many years.  Fast forward into 1996 to the time that Adams Drug Store moved into its current location on 16th Avenue. In early 2009 David Payne retired after working for Adams Drug Store for over 40 years! That same year saw the addition of Jonathan Sinyard as a pharmacist. Jonathan graduated from the University of Georgia in 2009 and joined our team. Although Adams Drug Store has seen a lot of change through the years from drive in movie theaters and soda fountains to smart phones and wireless everything, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to our patients. We are truly thankful for each and every person that makes the choice to come through our doors and we strive to give them the best possible care.
Last Updated: 8/9/2016
Rx Local © 2010 - 2018 | Copyright | Privacy Policy | TermsOfUse | Contact Us | Version 2018.11 (PRXWEB07)